Christmas Festivities in New Zealand
Christmas may be a traditional event celebrated all around the world, but each country still adds its own “Christmas-y twist”, which makes it just a little bit special and unique to that culture. And New Zealand is no exception. Whether you’re a local or visiting our great country for the holidays, we’re here to guide you on what to do and add some dress up fun as well!
So, what festivities can you take part in leading up to Christmas in New Zealand? Well here are our top five culturally significant and totally joyful things to experience:
1. Why not Nick (pardon the pun) up to Auckland to see the Christmas puppetry window display at the famous Smith & Caughey store on Queen Street?
2. Attend a Christmas parade with floats and fancy dress – and make sure you check out our awesome range of fancy-dress costumes perfect for this very occasion!
- Be spellbound by the magnificent Christmas tree light-up events that happen all over the major cities
- Hit the dance scene with Auckland’s Christmas in the Park Event featuring live acts, music and loads of cheer
- And if all that partying and dancing has worn you right out, why not gently amble around some of the many Christmas markets across this great land, such as Festive Fete in Cromwell. Knock off some shopping, buy some food, admire the arts and crafts and soak up this amazing time of the year.
- Angelo Kydas