Returns & Exchanges
Need to return or exchange a costume? No worries!
At Costume World NZ, we’re in the business of fun - so we’re not happy if you’re not happy! We do know sometimes your order may not be quite as you expected. That’s why we gladly offer refunds on any full priced products, if you change your mind. Sale and discount code items may also be returned for a store credit. Just check out the details below.
Please note, we don’t offer an ‘exchange’ service. If you need a different product to the one you ordered, just place a new order online for the item required and return your original item/s for a refund :)
It’s easy. Our friendly customer service team will provide you with a Returns Authorisation number (RA#), to help us process the refund – just shoot us an email at email@example.com
Conditions for returns -
Please ensure the item is:
- returned within 30 days of the date of delivery
- unworn and unwashed with all original packaging and tags still attached;
- in the condition you received it in and is not damaged, altered or used;
- returned with your RA# and
- not part of our “excluded product” list below
It’s worth noting that we can’t offer a refund, if you were made aware of any damage or defect to the item at the time of purchase.
Please choose carefully if you’re purchasing any of these products, as we can’t offer a refund for:
- Clearance items*
- Highest Heel Products
- Inflatable & Piggyback/Ride-On Costumes
- Consumables like Make-up, Fake Blood, Hats, Wigs, Beards, Moustaches, Eyebrows, Eyelashes or any other Artificial Hair Item, Teeth, Noses, or any other Prosthetic Special Effects items
- Undergarments including stockings
- Candy Bowls & Large Decor Items (such as Wall Breakers)
- CDs and Video Tapes
What We’ll Give You:
A refund for the cost of the product using your original payment method. So, if you paid by credit card, we’ll refund that same credit card. If you’ve just changed your mind, we can’t refund the delivery fee - but if your costume is faulty, you’ll be reimbursed for both the purchase and shipping costs! And a store credit will be given to you on any clearance item returns.
We want your shopping experience with Costume World to be as much fun as your dress up event, so don’t stress about returns or refunds. Just chat to our helpful Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Change of Mind Policy is in addition to your statutory rights under the NZ Consumer Law. You are entitled to the benefit of statutory consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law in respect of products purchased online from our website. If you believe there is a breach of a consumer guarantee, you may return the item to us within a reasonable period after purchase. Please contact our customer service team if you wish to initiate a return under these statutory rights.
For items returned for change of mind:
- All delivery costs are the responsibility of the customer. We recommend that you use a postal service that can be tracked to return the items to us. We cannot be held responsible for any lost items if you fail to use an appropriate tracking service.
For items which are returned in accordance with your statutory rights:
Delivery costs are our responsibility. We may also cover the costs of re-delivering any replacement item where appropriate. Once received at our warehouse we will assess the condition of the item. Once we have assessed the condition of the item and determined whether it meets our Returns Policy or the NZ Consumer Law requirements, we will send you an email to confirm that we are processing your refund, sending out your replacement item or repairing the item (as is appropriate). Refunds will usually be processed within 5 business days after you receive our email. Replacement items will be sent using our standard shipping methods.